Geigerrig The Rig Hydration Pack Review
Have you ever wondered what to do about hydration when taking part in some outdoor adventures? Or have you been looking for a high-quality utility hydration pack available in camouflage? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, then you should consider Geigerrig The Rig Hydration Pack. Fitted with a pressurized system that is not only intriguing but also unique, the pack is suitable for everything from straightforward running events to grueling outdoor obstacle courses.
The creator of “The Rig” hydration pack, Bob Geiger, used his experience and knowledge from serving in the Marine Corp to build and design the features of this pack from scratch. Since the very beginning, Bob’s intention was to design a pack that gives users easy access to water, while being capable of withstanding all of the ‘rough-and-tumble’ one might experience in the wilderness.
Geigerrig The Rig Hydration Pack – What are its uses?
Geigerrig The Rig Hydration Pack is ideal for all types of outdoor activities. Whether you’re going hiking, mountain or rock climbing, running, or skiing, this hydration pack will serve you well. Its removable internal frame guarantees the user two things; comfort and stability. Another neat feature is that this pack’s hydration system allows you to spray water for sharing, cleaning, or cooling off when taking part in intense outdoor activities under very high temperatures.
- Geigerrig The Rig Hydration Pack has several unique features, which include:
- Hydration reservoir safe to put in the dishwasher
- Lightweight internal pack frame that’s also removable
- Back and shoulder panels made with ventilated mesh.
- Emergency whistle
- Magnetic tube holder
- Easy-to-adjust chest strap
- Spraying feature ideal for cooling off when you’re under the sun
The hydration pack can be refilled with water from any source while in the wilderness. It has a small and lightweight filter that produces crisp and refreshing water obtained from rivers, streams, ponds, or lakes. An outdoor adventure seeker should never worry about running out of drinking water while outdoors, and The Rig Hydration pack gives you the peace of mind that your hydration needs are all taken care of.
Weight and Size
The Rig has a capacity of 2 liters and its dimensions are 17.5” (H) x 9” (W). It is just the right size for optimal storage space but without dealing with excess bulk and weight. The fact that it only weighs 2 pounds is also good news for hikers, climbers, runners, or skiers who require a bag that doesn’t hinder their agility.
Pros and Cons
The following include some of the pros and cons of Geigerrig The Rig Hydration Pack.
- Bladder that holds 2 liters of water sufficient for 2-3 hours of outdoor activities
- Perfect for all outdoor activities
- Plastic back brace provides contoured support
- Large elastic pocket at the front protects your belongings
- Its tubes are easy to connect and disconnect
- Slim and sleek
- Holds well with daily use
- Quite small and only enough for carrying the essentials
- Lower strap isn’t for large people
We all agreed that the Geigerrig The Rig Hydration Pack is ideal for all outdoor activities and sportsman. It’s the right weight and size, and it allows you to carry 2 liters of water at a time, which we think is a dependable amount to rely on for 2-3 hours. Additionally, the fact that The Rig has an internal filter that cleans water for natural sources put this hydration pack in class of its own.